Sunday, March 22, 2009

Managing Your Twittering Schedule

I am having fun with Twitter, however with my schedule I have no time available to even consider tweeting at anytime during my workday. So a month or so ago I discovered hootsuite and all my problems have been solved. 

Here is why I love hootsuite and why I think a Tweeter with a hectic schedule might too. 

1. Pre-schedule tweets: I am an early bird and I am typically with coffee in hand a 5am most mornings reading my news and blog feeds from Google Reader.  I am of the belief that pushing multiple tweets out to your base one right after the other is overkill and a little annoying. I select what I wish to tweet about and then schedule to push out those tweets across the day. I like to do at least one per hour. 



2. Tweet Stats: every time you tweet hootsuite will shorten the url with ow.ly allowing you to track how many click each tweet received. I love playing with this and learning what tweets grab peoples attention. So far in the month of March my tweets have been read and clicked on 711 times. It really is  fun to get this feedback. 



3. Most Popular Tweets: While in stats you can check how many clicks each tweet received, hootsuite will also show you your most popular top ten tweets. I really like this one. 

 

4. Clicks by Region: So with lots of people in the twittershpere clicking away on your tweets, you can also see what countries these clicks are coming from as well as the top referring sites.



Its saves time, you can track the success of your twittering, the charts and graphs look great and are easy to understand and it keeps twittering fun. If you have found something better than hootsuite I would love to hear about it. Happy Tweeting. 
 

No comments: